Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Beef and Green Peace!














This time tried to make beef and string beans. First time it was really all on my own. I think I was a bit rushed though. I tried using the method Elliot showed me to defrost the meat, by microwaving it for 30 seconds on both sides - I ended up accidentally cooking it. Then for the marination, I used a bit too much soy sauce, so the meat came out too salty. The sauce was some chinese oyster sauce, sugar, salt, pepper (couldn’t really taste any though), and sugar.

The cooking part itself wasn’t too hard. To make sure the beans weren’t too overdone, I actually cooked 60%ish before adding them to the mix of beef and sauce. Overall, not too shabby for my first time all alone.

Voila.

2 comments:

  1. looks so pretty :O that defrost method... i tried it once with chicken and i ended up cooking the chicken too :/ mer

    ReplyDelete