Monday, June 29, 2009

Nostalgiatopia

Haha, this song is on my currently playing. It's by EleventySeven, this band which apparently no one else but me likes :( I am going to force a youtube video onto you guys. *FORCE*





In any case. Life's been good on my end since my last post. Haven't really made anything new, hence the lack of food updates. I've still been cooking though, fear not; just nothing new / picture worthy. The highlight of my cooking 'career' was maybe about a week ago, when I helped out BCEC cook dinner for 13 people. I ended up cooking by myself - made the dishes I was most comfortable with: bulgogi, tomato+egg+beef, soy sauce chicken, and bok choy. It was a miracle that everything turned out right (actually, everything was the best I've ever made it before), and I didn't finish cooking it too early or too late. Everyone was well fed, and no leftovers, so just the right amount too. Overall, took me 4ish hours of actual cooking + prep work, once I had all my supplies. So guys, dinner parties next year? :P

Just this past weekend, me, Stan, and Rich went down to NY (yay NY! and NJ TOO! X_X). We stayed over at Susana's (thanks Susana!), and met up with Julie and then Martin in the city for a fun-filled blast of a day. I'll let you guys express your own opinions, but I had a blast :) It was really great seeing you guys again, and it just makes me miss you NYers all the more. We'll have another trip though soon, we must! I'll post up pics on FB soon, once I get home and load up my camera onto my computer.

I ended up taking a late bus back because I had to be back early to help clean up my room; I'm hosting some people from PESI, the organization I went with to Kyrgyzstan last year, since they're having their pre-trip orientation in Boston this year. So yeah, I took a midnight bus, which arrived at 3:30AMish Sunday at South Station. I wanted to stay in the city till church started (around 9:30), but then I realized that probably wasn't the safest option. So I went back to the apartment and slept till early noonish, lol.

It's funny though, throughout the bus ride back and most of that day, I think God really moved in me; I've been feeling a bit moody these past few days (proof that I am a girl??), and I honestly felt kinda spiritually dead. It's a really sucky feeling. In any case, I was just chilling in a CFA piano room (CFA is maaad baller now yos!) that day, just waiting for the PESI people to arrive at the airport later, when I felt really moved to pray (sidenote: I have a confession to make. I don't pray for my friends a lot; nor do I pray out loud when I'm by myself. I think this was my first time in a while doing either, let alone both...) I think I was praying to the point of tears that God would help me find some refreshment anew in the gospels, and more or less provide some revitalization to my faith.

So then I was in BN today before meeting up with Stan, and I was looking for a book, when I noticed this book, "3:16 - The Numbers of Hope", by Max Lucado. Obviously I'm naturally drawn to numbers lol. But the book seems to provide a pretty interesting take on a verse that draws the entirety of the Bible to a high climax and main idea. It expounds upon the far reaching implications of John 3:16, and really brings fresh, perhaps not new, but definitely revitalizing perspective into the picture. Yet the verse itself is what holds power, not commentary. To take Lucado's words, it is "[b]rief enough to write on a napkin or memorize in a moment, yet solid enough to weather two thousand years of storms and questions". For sake of brevity, link to the verse is here. I just felt like, wow, God really did answer my prayer. So yeah, that's currently the book I'm going through right now, along with the other book I had intended originally to pick up.

I had lunch with Stan today and his parents. I will miss you Stan :( but I'll see you soon in September. Thanks for being my first ever asian roommate and giving me an awesome summer so far :)

Currently sitting in the science/engineering library, working at my research project. I'm like halfway through with the UROP program now (halfway done! oh my!). This week me and my advisor/boss are gonna start planning out the final paper for this project. I've made a lot of headway on this, a lot more progress than I had figured. It's given me an opportunity to learn a lot of stuff. And I'm getting paid too :D :D :D

Aaaand that is all. Check FB for pics!


2 comments:

  1. you are too cute jo jo :)
    dinner parties are definitely gonna go down for shureezzzzz~~~@

    im happy for you!!!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad you had that moment you were looking for :)

    yeshh ny was great!! i had a blast :D

    ReplyDelete